Anadrol or Oxymetholone is an oral steroid that bodybuilders are quite familiar with. It is quite familiar to testosterone as it has the same anabolic
Anadrol or Oxymetholone is an oral steroid that bodybuilders are quite familiar with. It is quite familiar to testosterone as it has the same anabolic and androgenic effects. This steroid is primarily used for increasing muscle mass and strength. It is considered to be very efficient in increasing body strength and stamina and also in making one stronger. Anadrol is considered to be a popular choice among athletes still mainly because of its strong properties and also because of it being a derivative of testosterone. Before expecting anadrol weight gain results, one should be aware of the benefits and side effects of anadrol.
A bodybuilder can gain upto 20-30 pounds over the time of six week cycle but these gains are not permanent. Most of the gain through anadrol is just water retention and as soon as the drug is discontinued the results will disappear. Anadrol is a potent steroid with high levels of estrogen activity due to the testosterone aromatization; which is a process of testosterone converting or transforming into estradiol, a female hormone.
Those who are running on an anadrol cycle should keep in mind that the doses for it should be between 25mg- 150 mg which is four to five tablets every day and if you are in a hurry to see anadrol weight gain results then still it is advisable to begin with a lower dose and then gradually increase the dose so that the body gets accustomed. It is also advisable that one should split the 50 mg dose into two as the more you will take the more risks of side effects will be seen. The cycle length should also be not more than 6-8 weeks; a higher dose and a prolonged cycle can have a negative impact on ones’ health.
Side effects of anadrol (Oxymetholone)
Just like all the steroids that are taken by body builders anadrol also has its share of side effects that one should be aware of:
- Risks of developing Gynecomastia along with breast tenderness and swelling over a long period of time.
- High blood pressure
- Water retention
- Increases LDL cholesterol levels
- Decreases HDL cholesterol levels
- Suppresses testosterone levels
- Enhances testicular atrophy
- Increases liver toxicity
- Increases baldness
- Prolonged usage of this can cause serious liver and additional spleen issues.
- It can cause changes in the lipid profiles in the blood which could lead to atherosclerosis or heart disease.
- Usage of this can lead to breathing difficulties and this is a high health risk which can hinder athletic ability.
- People who take this can also have signs of swelling at the joints, a bloated face, and rapid weight gain, issues passing water, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting.
- Sex drive can also be an issue and the testicle size can also change which can lead to impotence.
So using anadrol is good for weight gain but one should be cautious about its harmful effects.